Record patient safety events
The information you record will be used to identify the best ways for the NHS to care for patients.
You should use this service to record:
- patient safety incidents even if the patient was not harmed
- risks to patient safety
- poor patient outcomes that were unexpected or need recording for other reasons
If you need to record incidents or outcomes that affected more than one patient you should make separate records. If possible, include the reference number of the initial record in subsequent linked records.
Before you start
You can record patient safety incidents more quickly and efficiently using your NHS organisation's patient safety incident reporting system.
Use this service if you cannot access your local system or you want to make an anonymous record.
Sign in to record an incident
You will need to create an NHS Improvement account and sign in, if you want to:
- save incomplete details of incidents
- save incidents you have previously recorded
- update incidents you have previously recorded
Record an incident anonymously
You can record a patient safety incident without creating an account and signing in. You will not be able to save your progress and you will not be able to review and update previous incidents.Record anonymously